Want to experience the thrill and adventure of exploring the underwater beauty of Tenerife? Obtaining the PADI Open Water Diver certification is the first step to dive into the world of scuba diving.
In our center you have the opportunity to obtain the certification without leaving Tenerife and discover a spectacular underwater world.
¿Vamos al agua?
Once you book, we will send you the meeting point of our dive center in Los Cristianos, along with the rest of the information..
What is the PADI Open Water Diver and why should you get it in Tenerife?
The PADI Open Water Diver is the world’s most popular scuba diving certification, recognized worldwide as an entry-level recreational diving credential. This certificate is awarded by the Professional Association of Diving Instructors (PADI), the largest and most internationally recognized diving organization.
If you are interested in exploring the beautiful seas and oceans of Tenerife, getting certified as a PADI Open Water Diver is an excellent way to do so. Tenerife has some of the clearest, most crystal clear waters full of marine life in Europe, making it an ideal place to train and get certified.
In addition, by obtaining the PADI Open Water Diver certificate, you will not only be able to enjoy the incredible underwater beauty of Tenerife, but you will also be acquiring skills and knowledge that will allow you to dive anywhere in the world.
The PADI Open Water Diver certification will allow you to dive to a maximum depth of 18 meters and will give you the confidence and security necessary to explore the underwater world in a responsible and safe manner.
|Advanced AOWD course (20% discount)
|Accompanying person (transfer only)
|Transportation (per person)
Requirements for the PADI Open Water Diver certificate in Tenerife
If you are interested in obtaining the PADI Open Water Diver certification in Tenerife, there are certain requirements you must meet in order to participate in the training program and obtain the certification.
First of all, you must be at least 10 years old. However, if you are between 10 and 14 years old, you can only get the PADI Junior Open Water Diver certification, which limits the maximum depth you can dive to 12 meters. If you are 15 years old or older, you can earn the full PADI Open Water Diver certification.
In addition, you must be in good physical health and be able to swim at least 200 meters and float or tread water for 10 minutes without assistance. Before beginning the training program, you may be required to complete a medical questionnaire and obtain a physician’s approval if you have any pre-existing medical conditions.
It is also important that you have the motivation and commitment to complete the PADI Open Water Diver training program in Tenerife.
The training program consists of a combination of classroom work, pool training sessions and a minimum of four open water dives. This training will give you the skills and knowledge necessary to dive safely and responsibly.
How does the PADI Open Water Diver work?
The PADI Open Water Diver training program is designed to provide students with the skills and knowledge necessary to dive safely and responsibly. Here’s what to expect during your PADI Open Water Diver training in Tenerife:
- Classroom work: PADI Open Water Diver training begins with classroom work, where you’ll learn about the fundamentals of diving, including dive physics, dive planning and risk management, equipment safety and navigation.
- Pool training: After the classroom work, you will have the opportunity to practice your diving skills in a controlled pool. During the pool training sessions, you will learn important skills such as underwater breathing, buoyancy and underwater communication.
- Open Water Dives: Once you have completed the classroom work and pool training, you will be ready to make your open water dives. During these dives, you will have the opportunity to apply the skills and knowledge you have learned in real diving situations. Tenerife offers some of the best dive sites in the world, so you’ll have the opportunity to see a wide variety of marine life and experience the island’s underwater beauty.
- Evaluations and exams: To obtain the PADI Open Water Diver certification, you must pass a series of practical and theoretical evaluations and exams. These evaluations will allow you to demonstrate that you have acquired the skills and knowledge necessary to dive safely and responsibly.
Tips for a successful completion of your PADI Open Water Diver course in Tenerife
If you are planning to complete the PADI Open Water Diver course in Tenerife, here are some tips to help you complete the course successfully:
- Prepare yourself properly: Before starting your PADI Open Water Diver course in Tenerife, make sure you are physically prepared for the training. Perform swimming exercises and make sure you are in good health.
- Listen to your instructors: During your training, listen carefully to your instructors’ instructions and follow their advice. Remember that they are there to help you reach your diving goals safely and effectively.
- Practice, practice, practice: Practice is essential to successfully complete the PADI Open Water Diver course. Spend time practicing your skills in the pool and in the sea, and don’t feel discouraged if you need more time to master some skills.
- Ask your instructors: If you have questions or need help with any skill, don’t hesitate to ask our instructors. They are there to help you and make sure you feel comfortable and safe underwater.
- Keep a positive attitude: Maintaining a positive and open attitude will help you complete the PADI Open Water Diver course successfully. Keep an open mind, enjoy the learning process and remember that you are learning an exciting and rewarding skill.
Why are we the best dive center to obtain the PADI Open Water Diver certification in Tenerife?
If you are looking for the best dive center in Tenerife to get your PADI Open Water Diver certification, we are proud to say that we are an excellent choice. Why are we the best dive center to get your PADI Open Water Diver certification in Tenerife? Here we give you some reasons:
- Experience and reputation: We have years of experience in the diving industry and have established a solid reputation as one of the best dive centers in Tenerife. We are affiliated with the Professional Association of Diving Instructors (PADI) and our instructors have the necessary certifications and experience to provide high quality and safe training.
- Personalized attention: We pride ourselves in offering personalized attention tailored to the needs of each student. Our instructors are highly trained to help you achieve your diving goals effectively and safely.
- High quality equipment: We have high quality, state-of-the-art diving equipment to ensure your safety and comfort during training and dives. All equipment is maintained and serviced regularly to ensure proper operation.
- Privileged location: We are in a prime location in Tenerife, with easy access to some of the best dive sites on the island. The crystal clear waters and teeming marine life of Tenerife offer an ideal environment for PADI Open Water Diver certification.
- Excellent feedback and recommendations: We have excellent feedback and recommendations from other divers who have earned their PADI Open Water Diver certification with us. Our students have praised our personalized approach, the quality of the training and the safety of the dive center.
In short, we are the best dive center to get your PADI Open Water Diver certification in Tenerife thanks to our experience, personalized attention, high quality equipment, privileged location and excellent reviews and recommendations. If you are looking for a high quality and safe dive center to get certified, look no further! Contact us for more information.
Frequently Asked Questions
No, you don’t need to have previous diving experience to earn your PADI Open Water Diver certification. The course is designed for beginners and will teach you all the skills and techniques necessary to dive safely and effectively.
The time required to complete the PADI Open Water Diver course can vary, but generally takes three to four days.
Our dive center will provide you with all the equipment you need to complete the course, including a wetsuit, fins, mask and regulator.
Yes, after completing the PADI Open Water Diver course, you can dive independently with a dive buddy of equal or higher certification. However, it is always advisable to dive with an instructor or dive guide if you are a beginner or are diving in an unfamiliar location.