Las Eras is a very popular dive site in Tenerife thanks to its impressive variety of marine life. The rocky bottom with seaweed, ledges and caves makes the area a real paradise for diving enthusiasts.
🧭 The best diving areas in Las Eras
If you dare to dive in Las Eras, do not miss the tip of the breakwater, where you will find a small reef with ledges and small caves.
You can also explore the separate area of the reef, where the bottom is stepped and reaches depths of more than 30 meters.
🐠 What marine species can be seen in the area?
- Sargo: Grayish fish with golden and silver spots. It is found in rocky bottoms and feeds on algae and small invertebrates.
- Trumpet fish: Fish with an elongated body and tube-shaped mouth. It usually lives in rocky bottoms and feeds on crustaceans and small fish.
- Vieja: Fish with an elongated body with brown, white and black spots and stripes. It feeds on crustaceans and small invertebrates.
- Salema: Golden fish with silver spots and stripes. It feeds on algae and small invertebrates.
- Bicuda: Fish with an elongated and sharp body, silver in color. It feeds on smaller fish.
- Blackmouth: Dark colored fish with white and yellow spots. It feeds on crustaceans and small fish.
- Frogfish: Fish with a flat body and wide head, brown and green in color. It feeds on small crustaceans and fish.
- Gallitos: Small silver fish with black spots. It feeds on plankton and small crustaceans.
- Octopus: Cephalopod mollusk with a soft body and long tentacles. It feeds on crustaceans and small fish.
- Choco: Cephalopod mollusk similar to squid, with a soft body and round head. It feeds on crustaceans and fish.
- Anemones: Sessile marine animal that lives in colonies and has stinging tentacles to capture food.
- Shrimp: Small crustaceans that live in rocky bottoms.
- Small crabs: Small crustaceans with flat and wide bodies, which hide in the rocks.
- Langster: Crustacean similar to the crab, with a long body and long antennae.
- Canary crayfish: Crustacean similar to the lobster, but smaller and dark brown in color.
🤿 Diving conditions in Las Eras (Fasnia)
A medium level of experience is required to dive in Las Eras. The average depth is 15 meters and the maximum depth is 25 meters. It is also important to note that, although conditions are ideal 70% of the year, the current can be frequent and moderate to strong. Care should be taken on the return trip, as it may be against the current.
As for access, Las Eras can be reached from the shore, along the beach or by the ramp adjacent to the breakwater. To reach the area, take the TF-1, exit 35 (Las Eras), and follow the signs. The diving area is signposted and has a loading and unloading area for divers.
📍How to get there?
Las Eras is one of the population entities that make up the municipality of Fasnia. To get to Las Eras in Tenerife by car from Santa Cruz de Tenerife, take the Autopista del Sur (TF-1) towards Los Cristianos. After about 27 kilometers, take exit 35 towards Las Eras and continue towards the village. The diving area is signposted and can be accessed from the beach or by the ramp adjacent to the breakwater. It is advisable to look for the loading and unloading area for divers, which is signposted in the area. The GPS point to locate the diving area is N 28°11.610 – 16°25.383.